The Outdoor Wife has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.theoutdoorwife.com
and update your bookmarks.

4.05.2010

Fight the Frump.


Yes. This is me wearing a Snuggie.

I'll be honest. Being a stay-at-home mom is pretty sweet. My job is to take care of my kid, take care of my hubs, take care of my dogs and take care of my house. I never, ever, EVER in a million years thought that I'd be doing this full-time, but here I am. It's a pretty sweet gig and for the most part, I really enjoy it.

One of the biggest perks of being a full-time mom is the ability to stay in my pajamas all day. ALL. DAY. I can roll out of bed, brush my teeth, throw on a little deodorant, whip my hair into a ponytail and voila! I'm ready for my day at home. This is especially true on those days where housework is the priority of the day and I have no plans to go anywhere. My biggest plans are probably an hour-long snuggle with a very adorable child.

While this is incredibly convenient and downright pleasurable on the cold and rainy days, I have to say that I kinda feel gross and unproductive when I just stay in sweats all day. Don't get me wrong, there's a time and a place for my SpongeBob Squarepants pajama pants and my endless collection of hoodies. But, this week is not one of those times.

Sarah Mae, over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, is hosting the "Get Dressed Challenge." For the entire week, starting today, she's challenging all of us Stay-At-Home Mamas to get our butts out of bed early, hop in the shower, get dressed and even DO OUR HAIR by 8:00am.

What?! No messy ponytail-bun-knot-thing?  Nope. Not this week.

This week, my face will even see a little bit of makeup. For those of you that know me, you can pick your jaws up off of the floor now.

In all truth, you won't see me in a dress this week, nor a pair of slacks or khakis. Not because I don't want to wear them, but rather because the only thing I own that fits after serious weight-loss are a few select pairs of jeans. But, I'm making the effort to look a little cute and at least a little more put-together. I'm even going to take Melissa's (from The Inspired Room) advice and get dressed head to toe... shoes and all. I'll probably pick Vans over heels, but hey... I've still gotta be me on some level.

So, for this week, The Outdoor Wife has been declared a No Frump Zone. All of you Stay-At-Home Mamas... you wanna give it a shot with me?

6 comments:

  1. A SNUGGIE?!?!?! I thought you were so much cooler than that - haha!! =)

    Well, you do live in a much colder climate than FL, so I'll give ya that! Great post - and I'm sporting capris so don't beat yourself up over not wearing a dress. I only own about 2 for "special" occasions! And I'm a huge flip flop girl, so keep your Vans and I'll wear my Reefs!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally join you if I could FIND my clothes! haha. After moving I'm not really sure where much of anything is in this house.
    Are you going to chronicle your getting dressed adventure? perhaps with photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shandell, photos would be nice! I don't know that I can join you on this endeavor, As you know, I HATE mornings, just like this morning, rolled out of bed at 10:15, of course I didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m. Then I did some masonry work on the pond, as the rock waterfall has sprung a really, really big leak! (yeah, not a good sight seeing your momma covered in wet cement) The first try didn't work, so ... yeah, had to start over. I didn't get my shower until 5 p.m. Have to say though, I did look nice when Dad got home.. whew!
    Good luck! I do want pictures! especially with the makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snuggie is hilarious! Your words are so true. I stumbled onto your blog through the "Challenge" - hope it goes well for you. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Great Idea... I am not a mom yet (except to our dog), but I am a stay-at-home wife... I also work from home as an interior designer... So for the most part I am in my pj's all day too! I too feel frumpy at times...
    Good Idea... can't wait to pursue this!!

    ReplyDelete