The Outdoor Wife has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.theoutdoorwife.com
and update your bookmarks.

5.21.2010

I'm back! Well, kind of.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been writing much here lately. Not because I haven't wanted to, but because we've been on the road and in the air! Yep, this little family finally went traveling. 
 

First, we went to Denver, where we got reunited with some family we haven't seen in a while, like our niece, Kate.


We also got to see Erik's brother, Matt, graduate from college with a degree in Engineering. We got to hang out with his girlfriend, Karen... we like her!


The trip to Denver was tough on Rowan. He was a little sleep-deprived. Bad for him, great snuggles for me.


After the graduation, we left Denver and headed to Salt Lake City. Our dear friends, Kyle and Joy are planting a church in the urban core of the city. It was amazing to visit and hear how God is transforming the hearts of the people there. 


In Salt Lake, we visited their public library, which is ranked the best in the US. Rightfully so, it's unreal.


Then, Joy and I took a stroll through the LDS Temple Square.


To answer your question, no, we're not Mormon. But, the history of the Mormons is so deeply rooted in SLC's history, I was really excited to go visit and sight-see.


If you're not Mormon, you're not allowed inside the Temple. But the outside was really beautiful and the architecture is stunning. The grounds were immaculate, with tulips and pansies blooming everywhere. 



So, that's where we've been! And, I apologize, but this is only a brief stop-in to say hi and post some pictures. Next week, you'll be hearing from some good friends who are guest-blogging for me! Yep, it's moving week already, so I'll be running around crazy and heading south to our new home for the summer. You'll definitely want to be around next week, there is some GREAT stuff being posted here! 

And thanks to everyone for your emails, notes, comments and tweets. It's encouraging to know that you enjoy reading the blog enough to miss me when I'm not around! I'll be around more soon, I promise. 


9 comments:

  1. Happy moving! Praying all goes smoothly! And beautiful pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing & happy packing & moving........if there is such a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all these pics!! Looks like a really fun vacation! [you had me confused for a minute with that JCLDS pic! ;o)]

    We need to chat more: about Relevant + Blogher, yes?? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! I am not Morman, but love Salt Lake City also... amazing place to visit. Glad you all had a good family trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have all missed you !! I LOVE utah! Its sooo beautiful! It reminds me of home up in washington! Im not mormon but that temple is GORGEOUS! cant wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did miss you, but vacations are awesome and well-deserved. So glad you're back and the pics are awesome. Prayers during moving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog in some roundabout way through Twitter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete