The Outdoor Wife has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.theoutdoorwife.com
and update your bookmarks.

2.20.2010

proud of my man!

Today, Erik and his best friend Evan are climbing to the summit of Mt. Hood and skiing off the top! Have I mentioned that my husband is a complete and total STUD of a man?! Love that guy. Anyway, he's been sending pictures, and from the progression they've made, it sounds like they're almost to the summit!

After a 1:00am departure time from the house and a 3:00am start time at the mountain, this picture came through at about 8:00am. They had reached Illumination Rock, which is at 9,500 feet:
 

Then, at around 9:30am, this picture came through. This is the Hogback section of the climb, close to the summit. At this point, they are at 10,400 feet:


Erik said he would try to call from the summit, so I'm waiting for my phone call! If you are the praying type, your prayers for safety and a good descent would be really appreciated. It looks like they're having a blast, so I'm thankful that they were able to go on this adventure... an adventure they've been wanting to do for a long time. I'll post more pictures as they come through!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is seriously inspiring. I would be proud too! So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete